About The Event
The Montessori Event 2021 Scholarships
The AMS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Scholarship Fund supports our commitment to expanding access to AMS professional development and ensuring that the learning opportunities we create are inclusive in serving all people, especially marginalized or under-resourced populations.
Drawing from that fund, we are offering DEI scholarships to cover the cost of registration for The Montessori Event for 25 applicants.
What each scholarship covers:
- The cost of an individual registration fee for The Montessori Event 2021
Who may apply:
Priority attention will be given to applicants who are Montessori educators and meet at least one of these criteria:
- are AMS members
- are of color and/or from under-resourced populations, and/or developing nations
- identify as LGBTQIA+
- are disabled
- are members of a protected class under state or federal law
- are in any way disenfranchised, such as economically, racially, religiously, socially, or politically
- work in Montessori schools serving racially diverse communities and/or under resourced populations
How to apply:
To apply for a Montessori Event scholarship, please complete this form by Friday, January 29, 2020, 11:59 PM (ET).
We are grateful that through the generous support of the Montessori community, we were able to extend the scholarship application deadline.
December 4 January 29, 2021, 11:59 PM (ET): Application deadline
January 8 February 12, 2021: Notification of scholarship awards
Applications will be reviewed by the AMS Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) Scholarship Review Committee. 25 recipients will be randomly selected from those applicants deemed eligible by the committee.
All submitted documents become the property of AMS. Information based on application results will not be shared outside of AMS.